Monday 8 August 2011

Retirement, summertime and the running


Don't worry. All that retirement time and additional training has not lead to me turning into the Adonis to the left. more like adenoid I hear you say!
Anyway the additional time during the day has lead to a little more runs but there's still along way to go both physically and metaphorically before I start turning the clock back. The photo incidentally was taken in Funchal last September and is obviously a physique to aim for. mind you I bet he wasn't tempted by John Smith's and chip butties.
As I said in my last post, we have had a very busy summer and are now preparing for a busy autumn. We have the Bawtry Forest Trail Run, which requires all hands to the deck, a Half marathon in Lancaster to contend with and preparation for Christmas.
Further ahead lays the Berlin Big 25 event in May, that we are attending.
That's all for now folks
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
likes a laugh, can be mad, but not generally sad. loves ; Sheila, Robby, William, Jake and Clair Maltby Running Club Rotherham United