Well, we are getting to the end of the year and what is traditionally known as the "Awards Season". We have our very own presentation night in the new year for the MRC achievers. However, I thought that it might be a bit of fun to present the "Bobscars" for outstanding achievements by MRC members on feats that would not normally be mentioned. So here they are:
- The Bob Houghton Falling Over Award goes to Gavin Hamilton - outstanding achievement of 3 falls in one run. (special commendation to Bob H for falling over on two consecutive runs).
- The Jonathan Seagull Fake Bird Poo Award goes to Oz Osborne - copious amounts of sun cream on head whilst in Skye in June.
- The Evil Knievel Stunt Bike Award goes to Jan Sears - bit extreme, but what a recovery!
- The Mark Thatcher Map Reading Award goes to Caroline Southern- Boyd - 10 Round Rotherhams and still doesn't know the way.
- The Human Garmin Mileage Accuracy Award goes to Brian Lowndes - 26th July 2011. Never has six and halfish felt like 9 miles before. (Special festive offer below)
- The Bucket List Award goes to Ray Matthews - Hell knows what's next.
- The Phileas Fogg Travel Award goes to John (The Nomad) Proffitt - More holidays than Judith Chalmers.
- The Henry Kissinger Award For Tact And Diplomacy goes to Jim Rust for actually getting two teams to run the Round Rotherham Race.
- The Hansel and Gretal Lost In The Woods Award goes to Gary Durham. Acting the bear I guess.
- The I Can't Believe He's Not Got An Award Award goes to Mick Barber. No turning up the week before the race, no falling off ladders, Wednesday winning. Mickeylove what went right?
- The Scarlet Pimpernel Award goes to Barbara Rusling. She's a very busy lady - She's here she's there, she's every bl**dy where. And finally,
- The Top People Award goes to all MRC members and families. There's be no club without you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
PS Order your Garmin for Christmas now- Let estimation be a thing of the past.